Mannings is the leading health and beauty chain in Hong Kong with over 340 stores, territory-wide. Our trusted reputation is based on Mannings’ commitment to improve customer health and personal care, leading to ten consecutive years of being voted “No. 1 Most Preferred Brand” in Hong Kong. Our culture is open and progressive – simply to achieve the best for our customers both externally and internally. Applications are welcomed from high calibre individuals to join our growing team.
Assistant Category Manager (Beauty Care)
Is this your next challenge in Retail Industry?
- Generate sales by ensuring that the Mannings target customers are provided with the products and services that they want.
- Seek innovative products sourced throughout the world to provide newness and interest in the Mannings offer.
- Develop in liaison with the marketing department attractive and interesting promotional events which follow pre agreed selling plan.
- Work closely with retail and sales management to ensure that store layouts, promotions and display techniques are effective in maximising sales and profit from the specific merchandise categories.
- Keep abreast of retail environment by paying regular visits to stores and competitors and take appropriate action to ensure competitive advantage is maintained.
- Develop cataloguing matrix to ensure that varying customers needs are satisfied in different localities.
- Establish and maintain effective margin and price controls which maximize business profits whilst delivering a good value offer to the customer.
- Negotiate and work with vendors to build mutually beneficial relationships to ensure long term strategic partnership, leading to lower costs and higher margin.
- Maximise profit by utilising category management techniques to manage assortments, pricing and promotion.
- Manage stock levels and mark-downs to ensure that product availability is high yet ensure that cash flow is maximized by controlling stock levels in both warehouse and stores within set targets.
- Establish and maintain effective SKU control.
Systems and People
- Actively exploit benefits of new merchandise management system ensuring sales, profit and costs are effectively managed.
- Develop and train Subordinates ensuring that they are customer and product focused.
- Manage performance through the setting and reviewing of individuals performance.
- Build an effective and open working relationship both within the merchandise department and with other Departments.
- Assert a high level of administrative control to ensure the smooth running of the specific merchandise Departments.
Do you have experience in Sales & Merchandising?
- Tertiary Education, preferably university graduate
- At least 3 years category management/merchandising or FMCG experience preferably at retail or department stores in general merchandise category
- Customer centred, energetic and action orientated
- Operation focus, maintain effective co-operation with operation, supply chain, and mktg
- Strong influencing skills and communication skills, good command of spoken and written English and Chinese is required
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Open to change and with flexibility
- Basic understanding of logistics a plus
DFI Retail Group is an equal opportunity employer and responsible for ensuring that all personal information collected from each Candidate presented to DFI Retail Group is used for recruitment purposes only and the personal data will be kept and handled confidentially. We will retain the applications of candidates not selected for a period of no more than 24 months. The data collection process is in accordance with all applicable laws and compliant with the Code of Practice on Human Resource Management.
To find out more about Our Businesses and Our People, please visit our website: www.DFIretailgroup.com
Issued by The Dairy Farm Company, Limited
Apply now Forward job to a friend Internal Referral